Relevant Articles & Links
Education and Captions
Deaf and Hard of Hearing
1. (7 May 2015) Economic impact and cost of hearing loss in Singapore
Captions for Hearing
3. (3 Aug 2010) Why closed captioning isn’t just for deaf people
Search Engine Optimisation
1. (15 Jul 2014) How Closed Captions Increase Video Views, Rankings and ROI [Study]
Specifically, these are the UNCRPD articles that support increased communication accessibility:
- Article 21c – Persons with disabilities should have the opportunity to express their opinions, to find out, receive, share information. This is done by encouraging other such as the private companies and mass media to provide information and services that can be accessed by persons with disabilities.
- Article 24 – Persons with disabilities have rights to an inclusive education and lifelong learning. This can be done by:
(a) Making sure that every child receives support where required so that they can meet their fullest potential.
(c) Making sure that persons with disabilities can get quality and free education as everybody else.
(g) Providing opportunities for persons with disabilities to access tertiary education, lifelong learning and vocational training.